A sore throat may be painful, red, and swollen. It may be a sign of viral or bacteria infection or a result of throat irritation by alcohol, smoke or pollutants. You may also have fever, swelling of some lymph nodes on your neck, a runny nose, cough, itchy eyes, or hoarseness of your voice.
- Gargle with mouthwash or warm salt water (1 teaspoon salt in cup water) several times a day and do not swallow.
- Sucking on throat lozenges or hard candy, or using an antiseptic throat spray may also help.
- You may also use a coo-mist humidifier (vaporizer) to increase air moisture and help relieve your sore throat. do not use hot seam.
- Eat soft/ semisolid food, or just drink liquids.
- Do not share utensils while your throat is sore. cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
source: Makati Medical Center