Why ACCOUNTABILITY is IMPORTANT?
- Accountability helps you tackle PROBLEMS you face.
“For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!” -Ecclesiastes 4:10
- Accountability allows you to share your FEELINGS and THOUGHTS
Again, I saw vanity under the sun: one person who has no other, either son or brother, yet there is no end to all his toil, and his eyes are never satisfied with riches, so that he never asks, “For whom am I toiling and depriving myself of pleasure?” This also is vanity and an unhappy business. -Ecclesiastes 4:7-8
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. -Proverbs 18:24
- Accountability allows you to LISTEN to advice
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. -Proverbs 12:15
- Accountability brings HEALING into the broken areas of your life.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. -James 5:16
- Accountability helps STRENGTH the weak areas of your life
Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. -Proverbs 27:6
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. -Proverbs 27:17
How to GROW through ACCOUNTABILITY
- Speak TRUTHFULLY and MEET faithfully
- Share VICTORIES and admit STRUGGLES
- Ask QUESTIONS and PRAY specifically
Accountability is a Christ-Centered relationship which encourages Spiritual Growth and Life Change.
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. -Ecclesiastes 4:9
Great lives are not lived in isolation. –you need a strong friend!